Monday, July 05, 2010

Reid State Park





Reid was not necessarily the ultimate destination of the road trip, but it was the most distant point we reached (well, technically the Five Island Lobster Pound, just down the road, was the farthest east point on our trip) and a symbolic turnaround for me. I explained my connection to Reid during my last visit in 2008 (Griffith Head) -- it's the first beach I have any memories of visiting.

The sand was sculpted into cusps stretching off down the mile-long beach. Long waves, intersecting waves, or just self-organization at work. As someone fond of small diverse beaches and sometimes bored by long, unchanging ones, I find it perfectly reasonable that the latter look for way to rearrange themselves into something a little more interesting.

No comments: