Saturday, November 30, 2013

Del Mar



Del Mar stretches from Solana Beach and the San Dieguito Estuary on the north to Torrey Pines on the south. The northern portion of the community, north of Powerhouse Park, is built on the beach, but the southern portion lies on the bluffs. One unique aspect of this stretch is that the railroad follows the beach and was cut directly into the bluffs.

AERIAL VIEW

I spent 48 hours of my own time - three weeks ago - on the San Diego coast. Three weeks later, I'm finally wrapping up my little beach debrief. Technically, Black's Beach in Torrey Pines was my last stop before heading for the airport, but I ended up posting those photos out of order.

Three trips to California during the past year have been a windfall for my beach collection - which now has 40+ posts from the state.

Gravel Beach: California



No comments: