Saturday, October 29, 2011

Dundarave








I was originally just going to do a single "West Vancouver" post, but I couldn't decide what to leave out, so I've split it into three.


It was a quick late afternoon bus trip across the Lion's Gate Bridge to West Vancouver.  I got off at 25th Avenue in the Dundarave neighborhood and walked down to the beach.  The beach here is limited to a beautiful little fillet on the west side of the pier (a groin/jetty, actually), swash aligned with the significant fetch from the west across the Strait of Georgia.


There was a small, lower beach against a stepped seawall in the lee of the pier, but it was mainly under the relatively high tide.


West Vancouver Shoreline Preservation Society


AERIAL
(I'm adding this because sometimes the location feature below links to a view that is zoomed much too far out)

No comments: