Sunday, September 28, 2014

Seafarer's Park



I've fallen way behind - a week in August on Salt Spring and another week driving back and forth from Minnesota in September resulted in some beaches being collected, but not yet stuck in the album.  So I'll add them quickly - with abbreviated comments - so I can check this off my list.



This is a neat park on the site of the old Scott Paper mill. The site has been cleaned up. Two new breakwaters were installed to replace the dilapidated timber wall that used to protect this side of the entrance to Cap Sante Marina and to provide shelter for small boats launching from the new pier. There was always a small pocket beach in the cove on the park's north side, but the low tide beach is no longer a tangle of rotting wood and the upper beach is clean gravel, not broken bricks and debris.

AERIAL VIEW

There's a lot more that I'd like to add about this site, but that will have to wait for a future post.









No comments: